Blog Background

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy Father's Day.... to a daddy of 2!!

Soooo, here's the story:




Friday night I went out with some friends from work to say a final farewell to a great friend and co-working, Jessica Schmitt. I had had a few drinks and we were all talking about babies, and being pregnant- and not being pregnant. On the way home, I started to think about how I'm still nursing JE, how she's almost 7 months and how I still haven't gotten a period (sry boys!) Anyway, I couldn't get the thought of making sure I wasn't preggers out of my head - so on the way home I decided to stop off at walgreens and get a test. I didn't say anything to Robert because I just KNEW it was going to be negative. We were taking precautions - even though I wasn't on anything- JE was still nursing and I hadn't started. WELLLLL, apparently God had other plans, because it was positive. Now, I'm not going to lie, we were less than thrilled - very upset would be the word. This was not in our plans. But not just that, I really wanted JE to be the only baby for a while. I feel like I work so much already, that I want all my time to be given to her. However, the more we thought about it and talked about it, the more excited we became. Now there would be 4 cousins - all under the age of 2! And I loved being close in age to all my cousins growing up. So we started to make some plans - we're selling the house and moving out to my grandma's house - oma's. This will eliminate our mortgage and allow for me to eventually go part-time! I'm so stinkin excited about this - however, it's going to be a HUGE adjustment. The house is much smaller, the closets are much smaller, the master BR is much smaller. But- it's a sacrifice we're willing to make to save some money! Anyway, we decided to tell our parents that weekend since it's father's day weekend. They were thrilled! So, next step- find out how far along I am. I went to the doctor that next week, we found out I'm 8 weeks and due Feb 7! I just can't get a summer baby! Oh well! Bring on my valentines baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment