Blog Background

Sunday, February 6, 2011

2 month check-up


On January 24th, JE had her 2 month check-up. The peds was very impressed with how strong she was - already standing( assisted, ofcourse, but keeps her knees locked) And when she lifts her arms to lift her from a supine position, her head stays straight, it doesn't flop back. She's also growing. Up to 12.8 lbs and 22.5 inches. 90th percentile for weight and only 50th for height. Yep, just like her mamma!









The second part of her checkup was her vaccinations that she was scheduled to have. Now, let me just say that I have never bought into the assumption that vaccinations cause autism. And I believe every child should be vaxed. However, I also believe that our infants are given way too many vaccinations at one time and at such an early age. I'm really a fan of Dr. Sears' alternative vax schedule. He's very careful to separate live vax and mercury/aluminum vax so that the child doesn't get two of each type each time they go to the doctor. I was very concerned that giving her too many at a time Could cause her immune system to weaken and she would be susceptible to viruses like the common flu or RSV. Especially with it being mid Jan. So, after talking it over with my peds, we came to a good/mutual decision. Normally, she would receive two shots with a total of 6 vax. I think that is crazy. As adults, we feel poorly after just the flu vax! (well, those I've talked to about it, I've never had the flu shot) So we decided that this visit she would get one shot - pentacell- that contains DTaP, HIB, and Polio. And bless it she screamed! lol Not a happy camper. I nursed her when we got back to the car and she fell asleep on the way home. But later that afternoon the fussiness and lowgrade fever set in. So after some tylenol and food she slept the rest of that night.


At this point, she's sleeping from about 1030p to about 430a. She wakes, eats, than back to sleep until about 8 or 9. Then awake, eats, plays, coos and smiles. Then back to sleep around 11 or 12. I pretty much just let her set her own schedule. She's pretty good at giving cues to when she's hungry, tired, bored. She doesn't cry she just fusses :)Well, I better go, she's hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment