Blog Background

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Maternity Leave



November 18th was my last night at work in the old LB. It was very bittersweet to say the least. It hit me while I was driving across the bridge that night that 1) It was the last time I would see all my co-workers for 16 weeks and 2) the next time I work, it will be in the beautiful, brand spankin new LB!! Yep, bittersweet. I love our old unit. It's where I formed my most trusting friendships; it's where I learned to be what I've always longed to be - a nurse- a smart, caring, intuitive, trustworthy nurse. I will always remember the patients that inspired me, the ones that annoyed me, and the ones who made me cry out of hopelessness. Yes, I loved that dirty, old- fashioned, cramped unit. That same unit was always filled with some of the best doctors, nurses, RT's and secretaries/utility aids any patient could ask for. I hope and pray that the same atmosphere of love, compassion and empathy that encircled the old unit will be carried over to the new one. I wish I could have helped with the move on Dec 5, but I was fortunate enough to be home with my Jane Ellis. But I do have some pictures from facebook.






No comments:

Post a Comment